Sunday, November 15, 2015

Intorduction - a baby name Malique


From the time he was conceived and I learned of his existence, I knew this child was special. I did not know what gender the baby was, but I love and wanted the child more than anything. I felt this way even though I was not married to his mother, I did not have my own home and was in a poorly paying job: as a police officer. Although I was finding it hard to make ends meet and really could not afford a child, one thing I was sure of was; I wanted this child and I wanted to be a part of this life. I think the baby sensed I loves him tremendously and he reacted to that love. Maria his mother wanted to know the gender of the baby before it was born, but I just knew the child was a boy.

When it was confirmed the baby was a boy; although this was not the first child I fathered, it seems like God began to speak to me about fatherhood. The first revelation that came to me was, you have to teach this child by example. Everything you want this child to be, and you have got to become. As a result, I took stock of my life and I began to make changes, to my behavior and habits. I began to modify my lifestyle. I was not going to be responsible for teaching this child anything that is wrong. So I straighten up my life. I was not perfect but I was better than I was before and I was getting better. This was the impact that the conception of Malique had on me.

My relationship with my unborn child was quite an amazing one. This was so even before the baby was born. It was a normal pregnancy, there were no pre-birth complications. As a part of my commitment to Maria and my soon to be son. I visited Maria every day for the duration of her pregnancy. I will rub her belly, massaged her feet, I will play special music to the baby especially classical music from the greats; to Maria displeasure of course. When Maria complaint about having to listen to music she did not like, I will tell her to just endure it for the child sake and she will. I even played a bit of Farrakhan to the child, I wanted this child to be a brave man, with the fearless ability who stand up for the rights of the weak and the poor.

Although I loved his mother immensely, I did all of this because, I love the baby even before he had an existence outside the mother’s womb and it seems that this child also had an unbreakable love for me, that defy the odds, for not even being confined to his mother’s womb and his undeveloped status, prevented him from expressing that love.

#MaliqueGreaves #MaliquePalmer

1 comment: